Ol Goat Gazette

Summer 2021

Dear Ol' Goats

We welcome all comments.  We would like to know if you have a suggestion to help make the Gazette better.  Please send an email to iormg.org@gmail.com with feedback.

In This Issue

Table of Contents
Grand Herdsire
First Assistant Grand Herdsire

President, Foundation


Feature Articles

Events Committee Report
Jamboree 2021
A Dream Comes True
Horse Water
Hunting the High Country
And thats how the fight started


Annual Dues
New Member Application
Officers and Board of Directors
Past Grand Herdsires
Annual Events
Deadlines/Contact Us


Grand Herdsire
Bob Byron, IORMG





First Assistant Grand Herdsire
Chris Jennings, IORMG




President, RMGF

Dear Old Goat,

Here’s an update on the foundations January and March 2021 meetings. At this time we have
no new scholarship students, but we are reaching out to universities and colleges. Skip
Borham , Keith Kohrs, Evan Hobrock-Schroeder, and Tanner Rogers are leading this effort.
Therefore we will not have any student presentations at our next Wadi, but are hopeful we may
have some applications to look at for next year.

It was decided to contact the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to see if there was a need for a small
contribution to the Rocky Mountain goat exhibit. We have lost touch with the zoo in the last
couple of years, and we all felt that this would be a good way to reestablish our relationship
with the zoo. The board decided at our March meeting to donate $5000.00 to the zoo.

However, in late April, the board decided to put a pause on this donation. When scheduling a
time to do a check presentation, the zoo informed us that any attendees would have to pay
admission, that did not go over well with some of the board members. The best way to update
where we are at is just to share Skip Borham’s email to the board.

Hey gang,

I received a call today from Tracy Gazibara, VP of development, at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
She was informed of the conversations I had with Kelly Parker and how that resulted in my
email to Kelly informing her of our decision to withdraw our gift at this time. Tracy had a
meeting with the zoo president and they both are very upset with the outcome of this whole
thing. Apparently Kelly was following new protocols put in place at the beginning of the year,
but this type of scenario was not anticipated. Tracy was very apologetic and was very
concerned about the possibility the relationship between The zoo and the RMGF is at risk,
regardless whether or not our gift is still in play. In summary here is where we stand:

1.      If we so desire, we can still have a board meeting on May 8, for which a meeting space will be provided at no charge.

2.      We will not be charged admission

3.      If we want to have lunch we would still have to go to one of their restaurants since they are
not doing any catering until later in the year

4.      Apparently a number of project plans are being kicked around involving the goat exhibit
and Tracy and I agreed it may be a good idea to hold off on any action at this time until that
list is complete. At which time we would be invited to come up to the zoo and meet with
the individuals directly responsible for the goat display and decide if we want to focus on a
particular project and forward our monetary gift to help facilitate said project.

5.      I also brought up the point about a lack of information given to the public about the Rocky
Mountain Goat and it was agreed this could also be addressed at the meeting mentioned

6.      Any monetary gift we give the zoo would be guaranteed to be used for a goat project and
not just put into a black hole.

7.      If we decide to wait until later in the year, specifically the busy season, having a meeting on
the weekends may not be possible at no charge for the meeting space however if it is done
during the week that possibility exist.

All things considered, I move we hold off on any further action until the zoo gets back to us
with a list of goal projects and look forward to a sit down with him at that time.

Skip Borham

So at this time we have decided to wait for the zoo to contact us. I don’t think we’re in a hurry
to make anything happen. We will be having an in person board meeting at the Jamboree the
third weekend of July. Also Keith Kohrs reached out to the zoo in Pueblo, to see if they have
any interest in designing and starting a rocky mountain goat exhibit. Keith says there is a
definite interest but it would be an expensive project. Something else for the board to think
about. I would like to thank Skip and Keith for their dedication to the Rocky Mountain Goat
Foundation and for reaching out to each of these zoos.

We are planning to have a 2021 Wadi, and are going to start working on coordinating auction
item procurement. I’m asking anyone that has a relationship with a retail store, sporting goods
store, etc. to contact me. The board is going to try and come up with a list of items we would
like to see at the auction and then have herds pick from that list. We are trying to cut back on
some duplication (for example having several expensive coolers at the same auction). We are
also looking for volunteers from each herd to go out and visit retail stores and ask for
donations. The foundation will provide a letter that explains who we are, and also a receipt that
can be given to the retailer for their taxes. I hope to have this all put together by Jamboree.

The board also is looking at using some foundation funds for seed money for auction or raffle
items. We know membership has said they would like more raffle items as opposed to the
quick and easy half and half raffle we’ve done the last couple times.

Our fundraising goal is to be a little more efficient by having less duplication, continue to have
some of our traditional items, to find items that spark interest and therefore some competitive
bidding resulting in more funds for the foundation to disperse.


If you have ideas for auction items or have a contact for the retail store please email me at wccjeff1@gmail.com

Thank you for your continued support of the RMGF.

Jeff Schroeder

Chaplain's Corner
--- ---, ---

From the Chaplain’s desk,


It has been about one and a half years since our last Gazette.  We don’t have much in the way of activities to report because of the dreadful virus.  Hopefully that is now in our rearview mirrors for the rest of our lives.  Unfortunately, time never stands still and our heavenly creator continues to call us home.  When our time has come we lose our footing, sometimes slowly and sometimes without warning, and we fall from the mountain.  So has it been for a few of our Ol’ Goat brothers.  Those, I am aware of, are listed below.  


Wandering Herd, Harvey Pratt;

Denver-Mt Evans Herd, Charles Beamer, William Rossi, Wayne Teel;  

Old West Herd, Ryan Crawford;

Bayou Billies Herd, Gary Jebsen;

Stray Herd, Bret Koster;

Longs Peak Herd, Jim Bendt;

Gore Range Herd, Brent Kruger.


If you know of an Ol’ Goat not named here please let the IORMG know.




Jeff Schroeder


Spring has spung and summer is just a couple weeks away.  I hope this finds you and your family safe and healthy.  After a cluster of a year last year, the IORMG is ready to get back into the swing of things.  We will be holding the Jamboree and the Wadi this year and I can’t wait to get back together with my fellow members.

The Jamboree will be held July 16th though the 18th at the Hudson Ranch site in Pueblo.  Look for details as we get closer to the event.  The Wadi will be held September 9th – 12th, also at the Hudson Ranch.  Jeff Petersma and his crew have graciously stepped up and will be roasting a hog for Thursday nights dinner.  Thanks Jeff!!

We’ll be looking for the opportunity to hold the Ladies Brunch sometime later this year if time and facilities permit it.  If anyone has any ideas for a venue, let me know.

Looking forward to spending time with all of you again and hope to see you in a month at the Jamboree.  Take care and have a safe and hopefully back to normalish summer.

Your Events Committee

Jeff Schroeder

Hello Old Goats, at this time we are planning to have the
jamboree, it will be July 16-18th at Hudson Ranch. Both the
IORMG and the RMGF boards will be having in person meetings
on Saturday of this weekend. Not only are you all invited to the
jamboree, but also encouraged to attend these meetings.

Please remember this is a friends and family event. You may
bring any friends or family members whether or not they belong
to the goats. The IORMG will provide some food and beverages,
and there is no cost to attend this event. Friday evening,
everyone is on their own for dinner, the organization will
provide a brunch Saturday morning with the board meetings
following shortly after. Instead of a potluck dinner Saturday
evening we will be doing a happy hour and asking each and
everyone to bring an hors d’oeuvre. If still hungry afterwards
you are on your own to cook dinner in camp. Also we will not
have a community Sunday breakfast, so everyone will be on their
own before packing up to leave. Next year we may get back into
our normal routine.

We still intend to have activities for the kids, however we may
need some volunteers to help with these activities. In the past
Evan Hobrock-Schroeder has done a lot of this but is now on a
board and may not be available. Also we will need volunteers to
do food prep Saturday morning and clean up as well. I’m
guessing, as in years past, Evan and Mac will want to be running
the flat tops, however if I’m wrong we might need a cook or
A reminder and registration form will be emailed to everyone
later, it is important for you to register so we have a good count,
and can buy the proper amount of food and hopefully have little
waste. I think I can speak for everyone and that we’re looking
forward to seeing each other in person.


Jeff Schroeder, and your events committee. Old Goats,

The 2020 big game hunting season application process started off a bit strange. The Covid19 pandemic raised its ugly head just as the April 7th deadline was approaching. The question was do I or do I not put in for my usual hunting tags. Well I decided what have I got to loose. I had plenty of points for most of my choices but Big Horn sheep and Rocky Mountain goat had been the most difficult to draw. I’d been putting in for more years than I cared to remember. When I first started applying I was an able bodied hunter. All these years later I have to rely on power chair and walking shall we say is out of the question. I’m still able to do get out and participate in a sport I have loved since I was old enough to hunt but these two particular hunts seemed to be fading fast yet I still put in my application in the hopes and dream that I might get lucky and draw at least one. That being said I got the email telling me that yet again I was unlucky and did not draw either tag. I was disappointed to say the least after more than 16 years of applying and resolved that this would be my last attempt. At 65 years old I knew time was running out.

Fast forward to July 2020, I had no idea that God was about to intercede in my disappointment. I’m sitting at home when the phone rings and it’s the Colorado Parks and Wildlife. I assumed that it was just another survey but answered it anyway. On the other end was John Flier who works in the big game licensing division. John asked me if I’d be interested in a Rocky Mountain goat tag for Unit G16. Seems that the person who had drawn the nanny tag for that unit had turned it in and lo and behold I was the next on the original draw list. It was mine if I wanted it. There was no hesitation about whether to accept it or not. It was probably my last chance so I completed the purchase. This is where it gets interesting. I’m in a power chair; the goats are at 10,000 to 11,000 feet on mountains. Terrain that’s really not wheel chair friendly, what did I just get myself into. The first person I called was my neighbor Dan Fox, my hunting buddy, who was elated and very encouraging that I could do this. I then contacted the disabled hunting organization I have been with since 1991. They seemed to be on board to help so I was a bit relieved. Later Dan called and told me that Kevin, another hunting buddy might be able to help out in locating some goats. I had also talked with another friend. His dad and I were police officers together, different departments but hunting brought us together. Mike passed away on a hunting trip with his son Brandon. Brandon and I have stayed in contact since his passing. Brandon gave me some tips and with those from Kevin I was able to scout out a goat herd that just might be accessible for me. Two weeks before the hunt the disabled group that was supposed to help backed out to help so I’m wondering what to do. Opening day was Sept. 8th and I had lost the help I thought I could rely on. God steps in again and another good hunting friend steps up to go with me. Well, opening day was the first snow storm of the season for G16 and conditions were not suitable for me. Friday the 11th was the first chance I had to try. So up to Georgia Pass we go to the goat herd we had scouted only to find after spending the whole day that goats had disappeared, nowhere to be found. Can’t hunt the weekend due to regulations so I’m getting worried and not sure what will happen next. Ah, but God steps in again. Brandon stops by, unknown to me, he had contacted another hunter friend who had a G16 tag and they had set out trail cams in an area that would be accessible to me. Then, a CPW officer contacted me and offered his assistance. He had heard I was disabled and it hit home for him as his brother was paralyzed after getting hit by a car on his bike. Knowing how long it takes to draw a tag all these men came together to try and make my hunt successful. Monday the 14th arrives. Being the stubborn person I am I loaded up my 4 x 4 handicap van with no one to go along and headed up to the spot that Romon had found for me. 3.8 miles up Peru Creek Road from the Montezuma Rd. As I started up that road, in the dark, I started to question my judgement. Disable guy, all alone on what was probably the worst gravel road I had ever been on. I found my spot, got set up, and got a text from Romon and the CPW officer letting me know they knew where I was and they would check on me throughout the day. It was a long day but very interesting as I was able to watch Big Horn sheep, elk, deer, moose and even a bear. The goats were very high and didn’t seem to be interested in moving my direction. As the day wore into afternoon at around 4:30pm I texted Romon and told him it wasn’t looking good. The reply I got back was STAY! So I sat back and figured I’d be driving down that horrible road in the dark. Not 30 minutes later my heart was in my throat. Here come goats. Totally on the wrong side of where I was setup. Being disabled I have a shoot from vehicle accommodation but I wanted to be out of the van. That was not going to happen. They were on me so fast that all I had time to do was get repositioned, make sure I had identified a nanny and then prepare to shoot. Picking a nanny was more difficult than I anticipated but when she turned her back side towards me I was able to make it official. Horns and face were right but I had to be sure. When she turned broadside to me I was able to make a perfect shot. To my surprise she absorbed the impact of a 300 Win mag 180 grain round and started to walk. I knew they were tough and had been told the same in the orientation session. I chambered another round but it wasn’t necessary. She walked about 10 feet and just collapsed.  I was experiencing a gamut of emotions. The other goats came over and tried to get her up and when she wouldn’t move they each came by nudged her and then walked back up and to the tree line. Once they were gone I sent a text to Romon and the CPW officer that I had a goat down. Romon said he’d be there in 35 minutes and the CPW officer came all the way from Hot Sulphur Springs. I got out of the van and was able to be over to her in my chair. I stroked her head and thanked her for her life and thanked God for the opportunity he’d given me. I was able to pick her up and held her in my arms and I’m not too proud to admit that I cried like a baby. Romon got there and I was about to learn that his best friend had just passed away from breast cancer. He was about to harvest his Billy but got this emotional feeling that he needed to be with me to help. Needless to say we spent some time crying again. We got some pictures and then started to cape and quarter her. Not too long after CPW officer Jake arrived to help with the process, do measurements and of course checked my license. Believe it or not here were three grown men still shedding a tear. I can’t say I because it was a group effort for this to happen and the good Lord had his hand in it all the way. I never in my wildest thoughts would have imagined that being disabled, in a power chair at 11,000 feet and having a dream come true.

My Nanny scored very well but the heartwarming part was finding out that she was at the end of her maturity and that God led her to me to fulfill a dream.

That awful drive down Peru Creek Road that I was dreading earlier in the day didn’t seem so bad with a dream fulfilled and God on my shoulder.  

Drink water from the spring where horses drink. The horse will never drink bad water.

Lay your bed where the cat sleeps.

Eat the fruit that has been touched by a worm.

Boldly pick the mushroom on which the insects sit.

Plant the tree where the mole digs.

Build your house where the snake sits to warm itself.

Dig your fountain where the birds hide from heat.

Go to sleep and wake up at the same time with the birds – you will reap all of the days golden grains.

Eat more green – you will have strong legs and a resistant heart, like the beings of the forest.

Swim often and you will feel on earth like the fish in the water.

Look at the sky as often as possible and your thoughts will become light and clear.


Be quiet a lot, speak little – and silence will come in your heart, and your spirit will be calm and full of peace.”


Jeff Williams

For the past dozen or more years I have had the pleasure of hunting the high country during the Colorado archery elk season with some old Army buddies of mine.  We always look forward to the trip.  The beautiful high-country scenery, the changing colors of a Colorado autumn and the sounds of bull elk bugling in the wilds have always enriched our souls.  However, hunting the high country is not for the faint of heart.  It is about a three-and-a-half-hour horseback ride straight up the mountain and into a wilderness area to our favorite spot.  Camp is miles from the nearest town so there is no one to rely on except each other.  I have seen it rain for 28 straight hours, woke up to a foot and half of snow on at least two occasions and have endured the smoke of nearby forest fires.  This year would prove challenging as well.  

It was challenging finding bulls this year as elk were unusually quiet for the end of September.  Every day we got up at 0400 to grab a quick cup of coffee, a bowl of oatmeal and make last minutes gear preparations before our daily ninja treks through the wilds in search of bugles and big antlers.

The first day out one of my buddies got within 10 feet of a bear.  Luckily, he was able to “wave the bear off” and the bear turned around and headed away.  This got my other friend excited as he has an extra heightened fear of bears which I never really fully understood and I rarely missed an opportunity to tease him about it.  

A few days later my friend with the bear-phobia was telling us about his “close brush with death”.  He was exploring some new terrain and had apparently “walked past a bear den”.  Now he has never seen bear den before and could not tell you what one looked like.  All he knew is “that all of sudden a bear burst out from nowhere and began running away from him”.  

The problem was, another one suddenly burst out from somewhere and started running right at him.  Now I doubt that bear even knew my friend was there being all camoed-up, descented, and all but my friend was convinced that bear was charging him; after all he was running right at him.  

Now my other friend let his bear get within 10 feet of him before he “waved it off”.  Not this guy.  He claims he jumped up on a rock, drew his pistol, racked a round in the chamber of his 115gr, 9mm jacketed hollow points.  Hardly serious bear medicine but somehow it makes him feel better and tougher (I guess).  At this point he began “yelling at the bear”.  When I play this scenario out in my mind, however, it sounds more like a little school girl shrieking but at any rate it must have worked.  The bear turned and tried to scamper up a tree.  

Now my friend says that “bear was the clumsiest bear he has ever seen as it kept falling out of the tree and then scampering back up.  Apparently, the tree was rotting a bit and pieces kept breaking away causing the bear to fall and then re-scamper back up.  


To hear my friend tell the story “that was the closest I have ever come to death”.  He must have said that 3 or 4 times.  

Finally, I said “well hell, I’m glad I wasn’t there with you because that would have been the closest I had come to death too”.  

“Why? Because that bear would have charged you too, he asked.

”No, because I would have died laughing watching that poor bear scamper up the tree and then fall back out after you screamed like a little girl and shit yourself”, I replied.  

My friend was not amused but the point was made.    

On the second to the last day of the season another buddy (the one that had not had any bear encounters) downed a 5x5 bull.  Needless to say we were all ecstatic.  By the time we got it quartered and back to camp the wind had kicked up and 90% of our tent had blown down.  We put it back up, tightened the lines and got the rest of the elk out.  

Later, back in the tent I reluctantly lit a fire in the camp stove (reluctantly because I was afraid the chimney would blow off).  Sure enough, within minutes there goes the chimney.  Quickly we reattached it and agreed to let the fire burn out:  too dangerous.  We all hoped the wind would die down but I knew better.  Earlier I had made it high enough up to get a weather report.  The winds would only get worse.  Quick eats and try to sleep.  

The outfitter would be up the next day to get the elk.  We planned to hunt the next day, go after the bigger elk that got away and spend another night on the mountain and enjoy the wilds (and the rest of the brown booze). or so we thought.  One thirty in the morning, I see a head lamp bouncing around the outside of the tent.  The tent is losing it.  Everybody out of the fart sacks; time to work.  The wind is howling.  

We worked hard putting it all back together again.  Satisfied we did a good job, back to the fart sacks we went to try to sleep.  I don’t think I was in my bag for 2 minutes when I experienced what I felt like was an explosion.  Am I dreaming, I thought?  Was I in an airplane and there was an explosion?  I felt like half my body had been sucked out of an airplane with head and shoulders hanging outside the fuselage.  

Assessing the situation, I realized that I was not dreaming.  A sudden gust of wind had blasted a hole in the tent around me and I was suddenly outside the tent from the waist up getting beaten by tent canvas.  


“Hey! Are you guys tracking this?”  I shouted.  

Back at it.  All hands-on deck.  

The tent is violently shaking as the wind continues to howl.  Another blast and another gaping hole.  Now the center pole is losing it.  Can’t save it.  The tent is going down.  No hope to salvage it; not in this wind.  

Widow-makers are crashing down all around us and throughout the forest.  Some simply blow over roots and all.  Others shatter in explosions spewing wooden shrapnel in all directions.  The call was made.  Drop the tent.  Pile gear and dead elk on it to keep it from blowing away.  Grab your cots, sleeping bags and anything you need to live.  Move to the center of the meadow, away from the trees and try to ride it out.  

Warm in my bag I imagine I am an artic explorer with the wind howling around me wondering when it will end so I could continue the exploration.  My next sensation is I am gob-smacked by the striking beauty of the heavens.  The Milky Way sprawled out above me with remarkable clarity.  Each star twinkling like bright crystals in the night sky.  A shooting star, then another and still another.  At least I thought they were shooting stars.  It might have just been the wind blowing the stars across the night sky.  Like I said, it was WINDY!  

The morning proved to be too windy to hunt.  Hearing a bugle would have been difficult to impossible and the elk probably would stay bedded down due to the wind.  The wind would blow any arrow off its mark and the widow-makers remained dangerous.  

The call was made via satellite phone to the outfitter.  We will leave with the elk.  

“Good” he said, ”Wind is only going to get worse up there. Up to 70mph at lower elevations.  Can’t imagine what it will be like up there but too dangerous”.  

The outfitter showed up when he said he would.  We then realized he had to cut through all the fallen trees the entire 3 hours up the trail.  Horses were super spooky.  They didn’t like the howling wind or the sounds of the falling widow-makers.  Time to go.  I didn’t ride out, however.  I walked ahead of the horses with an ax in my hand along with a buddy with a saw.  We re-cleared the trail of even more fallen trees.  Trees that had blown down in the short period of time it took to ride up.  We must have cleared another 20 trees over the next several hours just to get off the mountain and back to the trailhead.  

I really punched my man-card on that hunt trip.  Hunting the high country is special and it takes a special breed to do it.  I’ll be there again next year and with the same group of knuckleheads.  I wouldn’t miss a minute of hunting the high country.

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift. The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"


My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed. I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?'

'No,' she answered.

I then said, 'Is that your final answer?'

She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes.'

So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."


 I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. "I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."

He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"

"Nah, she can order for herself."


 My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table. I asked her, "Do you know him?"

"Yes", she sighed, "He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"


 When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer. Always something more important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."


 My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.

She asked, "What's on TV?"

I said, "Dust."


 Saturday morning, I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked the boat up to the van and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back; now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"


 My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."

I bought her a bathroom scale.


 After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.

So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office. She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability payments too.'


My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She was not happy with what she saw and said to me, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."


I rear-ended a car this morning, the start of a REALLY bad day! The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!   He looked up at me and said 'I am NOT Happy!'

So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'



Grand Herdsire   Robert Byron
P.O.BOX 1257, Breckenridge CO 80424
H:970/418-1516 | C:970/418-1516 | bobbyron51@hotmail.com
1st Asst Grand Herdsire   Chris Jennings
380 Arrowhead Dr., Pagosa Springs CO 81147
H: | C:(720) 448-5898 | cmaxj.85@gmail.com
Grand Secretary   Chris (Skip) Skalet
2765 S. Marshall Street, Denver CO 80227
H: | C:720-234-0650 | cskalet@gmail.com
Grand Treasurer   Chris (Skip) Skalet
2765 S. Marshall Street, Denver CO 80227
H: | C:720-234-0650 | cskalet@gmail.com
Asst Grand Treasurer   Robert (Bob) Carlson
9759 E. Bayou Hills Ln., Parker CO 80134-5109
H:(303) 841-4066 | C:(303) 688-7417 | rdcarlson373@yahoo.com
Chaplain   John (Curmudgeon) Miser
3418 Vera Cruz Ct, Colorado Springs CO 80910
H:719 338 6664 | C:719 338 6664 | mtmiser911@aol.com
Elder   Daniel (Dan) Doylen
1981 Crag's Court, Estes Park CO 80517
H:(970) 586-6217 | C:(970) 286-8922 | sue@doylen.com
Board Member   Bob (Bob) Bendt
2978 W. 134th Pl., Broomfield CO 80020-5237
H:(303) 466-0226 | C:303-809-1680 | b1bendt@yahoo.com
Board Member   Kevin Harding
6935 Saddleback Ave., Firestone CO 80504
H:(303) 833-2788 | C:(303) 898-0542 | kharding@imaginecolorado.org
Board Member   Steve Podoll
12675 Smith Rd., Falcon Colorado 80831
H: | C: | esp59@aol.com
Board Member   Rod (Rod) Rayment
4349 Lemon Grass Drive, Johnstown Colorado 80534
H: | C:720 205 3582 | rrayment@comcast.net
Board Member   Tanner Rogers
9006 Sanderling Way, Littleton CO 80126
H:7208548750 | C:7208548750 | tannerrogers4@gmail.com
Board Member   Toby Saben
2150 W Las Flores Dr, Pueblo West Colorado 81007
H: | C:719 648 9004 | spikeinco@yahoo.com
Board Member   Jeff Schroeder
1360 Palmers DR. box 2865, Silverthorne Co. 80498
H: | C:970-389-0354 | wccjeff1@gmail.com
Board Member   David (smitty) Smith
7454 Waterside Drive, Colorado Springs Colorado 80925
H: | C:719-661-6063 | smittyfire_309b@msn.com
Board Member   Jeffery (Jeff) Williams
4240 Danceglen Dr., Colo. Springs CO 80906
H:(719) 527-7772 | C:(719) 930-9893 | jw2willi@comcast.net
Advisors to the Board
McGill,Scott Michigan Herd
Gerhard,Lee Jayhawk Herd
Pace,Jack Great Northwest Herd
Bill Burtness * 1966DenverFounder
Pat Patterson * 1967SalidaCharter member
Ralph King * 1968Salida 
George Oyler * 1969SalidaCharter member
Ted Riley * 1970SalidaCharter member
Ken Englert * 1971Salida 
Glenn Vawser1973Salida 
Stu Nadler * 1974Salida1st TLK
Emil Knoepke * 1975-76Colorado Springs 
Jim McCormick * 1977SalidaCharter member
Lucky King1978Denver 
Tom Hyle * 1979Denver 
Swede Sansen * 1980-81Colorado Springs 
Bernie Barry1982Colorado Springs 
Will Thomas * 1983-84SalidaCharter Member
Jack Mahay1985-86Colorado Springs 
Tom Hoch1987Denver 
Glenn Weaver1988Denver 
Bill Johnson * 1989Littleton 
Arch Andrews * 1990Littleton 
Ken Demming1991Gunnison 
Lee Elling * 1992Littleton 
Mike Wynn1993Salida 
Paul Brent1994Highlands Ranch 
Dave Swezey1995South Park30th Wadi
Jack Barry1996Colorado Springs 
Craig Woody1997Denver 
Glenn Montague * 1998Littleton 
John Evans * 1999Littleton 
Stan Ogilvie * 2000SalidaCharter member
Bruce Hartel * 2001Highlands Ranch 
Gary Lee2002Woodland Park 
John Rold * 2003LakewoodCharter Member
Bob Carlson2004Parker 
Joe Rosencrance2005Colorado Springs40th Wadi
Fred Aring2006Littleton 
Duke Ellington2007Federal Heights 
Skip Borham2008Colorado Springs 
Tim Jennings * 2009Littleton 
Bruce Luckett2010Colorado Springs 
Ed Snider ** 2011Littleton 
Dan Doylen2011-12Estes Park 
Ed Tuffield, Jr.2013Denver 
Treavor Morrison2014Colorado Springs 
Jeff Williams2015Colorado Springs50th WADI
Kevin Harding2016-17Firestone 
Rob Holley2018-2019Denver 

* Deceased

** Resigned

Beard Herd - CO
Joe Beard
7240 W. Fairview Dr.,Littleton,CO 80128
H:(303) 979-0909 | C:(303) 638-5384

Denver - Mt Evans Herd - CO
Darryl Hodgson
10040 Moore St,Westminster,CO 80021
H:(303) 918-6202 | C:(303) 918-6202

Gore Range Herd - Co.
Jeff Schroeder
1360 Palmers DR. box 2865,Silverthorne,Co. 80498
H: | C:970-389-0354

Great Divide Herd - CO
Bob Horne
10785 Milam Road,Colorado Springs,CO 80908
H:(719) 495-4732 | C:719-362-6632

Great Northwest Herd - WA
Steven Steele
1320 Hunsicker Rd.,Bellingham,WA 98226
H: | C:360-223-8744

Jayhawk Herd - KS
Lee Kraus
16456 S. Morrill Road,Scranton,KS 66537
H:(785) 793-2437 | C:

Longs Peak Herd - CO
Bob Bendt
2978 W. 134th Pl.,Broomfield,CO 80020
H:(303) 466-0226 | C:303-809-1680

Michigan Herd - MI
Scott Mcgill
524 Rosewood Ave,East Lansing,MI 48823
H:(517) 351-4992 | C:

Old West Herd - CO
Jeff Williams
4240 Danceglen Dr.,Colo. Springs,CO 80906
H:(719) 527-7772 | C:(719) 930-9893

Pikes Peak Herd - CO
Greg Allen
7815 Candleflower Cir,Colo Spgs,CO 80920
H:719-640-1687 | C:

Pueblo Herd - CO
Keith Kohrs
210 Bridle Trail,Pueblo,CO 81005
H:(719) 560-0979 | C:719-406-0661

Stray Herd - CO
Cal Oberndorfer
5910 Wildfire Ct,Colo Springs,CO 80908
H:(719) 495-4056 | C:(719) 648-0250

True Grit Herd - CO
Curmudgeon Miser
3418 Vera Cruz Ct,Colorado Springs,CO 80910
H:719 338 6664 | C:719 338 6664

Wandering Herd - CO
Don Archer
3414 Chestnut Dr.,Montrose,CO 81401
H:(303) 601-8587 | C:(303) 601-8587


Ladies Brunch
First Sunday of May
Mt. Vernon Country Club
Denver, CO

Third weekend of July
07/20 - 07/22
Hudson Ranch

First weekend after Labor Day
09/11 - 09/13
Hudson Ranch

Spring Issue Mar 15, 2018
Summer Issue Jul 15, 2018
Fall Issue Oct 15, 2018
Contact Us
Please send content to:

Bob Carlson
9759 E. Bayou Hills Lane
Parker, CO 80134-5109


International Order of Rocky Mountain Goats
PO Box 4052, Durango, CO 81302
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software